Tuesday, October 6, 2009

And I'm back!

I have been struck down by the worst cold ever. It's much better now, but the past few days have been miserable. Sniffling and sneezing and a headache and a sore throat. Blech.

My stomach just started hurting, and while I was wondering why, I realized - I haven't eaten since eight this morning (it's now nearly four). And all I ate this morning was a small piece of cheesy bread.

Whoops.

And now, art!

First, a project from Concept Art, illustrating a brief article about two long lost twins who encounter each other in prison, one as a guard, the other as an inmate. You see that hand on the inmate's shoulder? That's what happens when you don't have a references. Hands that are slabs of meat. Sausage fingers.























And an illustration for Visual Studies. I had to conceptualize perfume, so I took that as an excuse to go Art Nouveau.




























Halloween-y mock-up of my strange big cat mutt Doe, and what she normally looks like.




























I have a bunch of sketchbook stuff to share, too, but I didn't sleep last night, so I don't really have the energy to scan at the moment. But soon!

2 comments:

  1. SLEEP, WOMAN. And epic necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a suggestion... when you don't have a hand reference, use your own hands and a mirror. I typically will put my hands into paintings just because I have control over the positioning. Check out gniech.com

    Your work is good... I look forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete